Use our safe and secure donation gateway.
Brighton Shares The Harvest
Seed Exchange – Seed Giveaway
We have fruit and vegetable seeds to share with Brighton area gardeners. If you would like to grow some fresh food for your family and for sharing with others in the Brighton community, please join us to share seeds and talk gardening. Our first event will be held at the Anythink Brighton Library and our second event will take place in conjunction with a seed starting class from the Adams County CSU Extension office. See below for dates,times and links to flyers for each event.
Saturday, February 25
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Anythink Brighton Library
327 E Bridge Street, Brighton
Saturday, March 11th
9:30 am- 12:30 pm
Adams County Parks and Extension Building
on the Adams County Fair Grounds
(9755 Henderson Rd. Brighton).
*Seed Starting for Vegetable Gardeners:
This talk will cover what is needed to begin starting your garden plants from seed at home as well as how to successfully save seeds from your garden for next season. Learn the basics of seed biology and what seeds need to germinate and develop. Specific requirements for germinating 12 common garden plants will be discussed.
You do not have to register for the class to attend the seed exchange.
You do not need to bring seeds to share; we have plenty seeds to give away, but if you wish to bring seeds to share, please observe the following guidelines:
- Seeds may be in the original packaging, opened or not. If opened, please tape shut to avoid spillage.
- If not in the original packaging, please label to the best of your ability, if known:
- Species (required), such as beets, peppers, zucchini, etc.
- Variety, such as Detroit Red Beets, Poblano Peppers, etc.
- Year seeds were packaged, brand, organic, heirloom.
- Please do not bring seeds for plants that are poisonous.
- Fruit, vegetable, herb, and flower seeds are all welcome!
Exchanging seeds with other gardeners can be a great way to learn about a new variety, try growing something you haven’t grown before, and meet other people who are interested in gardening in the Brighton area.
You do not have to attend the class being held on March 11th in order to participate in the seed exchange that day.
If you have any questions, please contact Linda Young, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 720-301-0949.